This is the first edition of my Newsletter. I thought I’d share it here so it will reach beyond Tucson. Perhaps there is something you’ll find interesting.
Spring has come early to Tucson. The higher than normal temperatures have made the trees pop and the flowers bloom. Summer will not be far behind! The “Snow Birds” will soon be flying back to cooler climes.
Have you dreamed of hitting the road in a new RV as you approach your later years “after work”? Dreams can come true! I can help you make that transition. As a former full-time RVer, I know what is involved in making the transition from living in a “sticks and bricks” home to living in a home on wheels. I can help you make that transition!
Click here to see the latest MLS statistics. Median sales dropped down to $169,900. While that is down from December, it is up 6% from January 2015. Active listings crept up, but are still down 12% from this time last year. It is a seller’s market below $250,000. If you or someone you know would like more specific information, please contact me at 520-918-3776.
In this month’s real estate news;
- According to Economists’ Outlook blog, from December 2015 to February 2016 nationally, approximately 35 percent of properties were on the market for less than a month when sold. About 15 percent were on the market for longer than six months.
- Tucson is the first Capitol of Gastronomy in the US.
- Tucson was named one of the top 4 places to raise a family.
- Economists expect growth in the economy and housing market in 2016.
- The average homeowner now keep their house 13 years. This is up substantially and is most likely related to the plummeting values during the recession.
- Tucson hit Money magazine’s list of top places for millennials.
- New home construction is on the rise in the Tucson metro area. See Mattamy, Toll Brothers, and The Residences at The Ritz Carlton at Dove Mountain, and Miramonte at Dove Mountain and Miramonte at Glenn.
Local Events this month:
- If you are a cyclist join Cyclovia this Sunday, April 10. More information here.
- See a presentation of Rumpelstiltskin at Valley of the Moon; several days throughout April.
- I will have a booth at the Tres Pueblos festival and HOA meeting on April 21, 2016. Come on by to see what’s happening in the neighborhood.
Note: The blooms in the photo are from the palo verde tree. They are in profuse bloom in Tucson now.