Happy May Day! May 1 has been venerated throughout the centuries as a specific time for celebration of new growth. I remember that as an elementary student I participated in a May Pole dance, with streamers around the pole. This custom is not very prevalent now in the United States, but is still a part of other global cultures.
Below, please find the May edition of my monthly newsletter. If you would like to receive the newsletter via email, please send me your contact information through my website.
Have you ever been on “The Loop”, Tucson’s multiple urban pathway (MUP)? I spotted these blooms while on a ride on the Julian Wash segment of the 131-mile riding and walking path around Tucson. As a recumbent tricycle rider it is a wonderful way for me to easily and safely enjoy the many aspects of the city.
There are many homes adjacent to The Loop which is easily accessible for enjoying the outdoors and city views, as well as watching the birds and wildlife. While on a ride on the Santa Cruz River I once witnessed a bobcat catching its morning meal. So if you like the kind of lifestyle Tucson affords cyclists and outdoor enthusiasts, you might want to investigate the possibilities.
Here is a great tool for your search! (http://longrealtyapp.com/suswanne)
Because I love words, this month begins a regular installment of The Monthly Word. This month’s word is REALTOR®. It is pronounced “reel –ter”, not “reel-uh-ter”. The definition of a REALTOR® is a real estate professional who is a member of the National Association of REALTORS® and who subscribes to its strict Code of Ethics. You might notice the symbol after the word realtor. You can read about the history of the REALTOR® trademark here.
In this month’s real estate news;
- Beware of scams that take advantage of buyers’ and sellers’ ignorance about the real estate business. Realtors can be scammed too, even when they are knowledgeable about real estate transactions. For example, phishing emails contain phony documents that look like the real thing, requesting the person to sign, and therefore divulge personal information, or worse, wire money to the thief rather than the escrow company. So beware!
- Real Estate trends for 2016 include continuing rise in home prices and sales, and higher rents and mortgage rates.
- Do you know how much house you need for your lifestyle? Find out by taking this quiz.
Local Events this month;
- Everyone loves to eat, and here are some places where you can celebrate Cinco de Mayo in Tucson.
- National Public Gardens Day is held on the Friday before Mother’s Day to promote awareness of how gardens and green spaces support life. In Tucson visit Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum, Reid Park Rose Garden, Tohono Chul Park, Tucson Botanical Gardens, and Yume Japanese Gardens.
If you have an event you’d like listed here, let me know.