Another month is about to roll out, bringing somewhat cooling temperatures to the Sonoran Desert. Here is the September edition of my newsletter. Hope you can make it to some of the fun events coming up!
Trending in Tucson
- For current trends in the Tucson housing market, go to my website and download the Housing Report for your area.
- Development and building activity in Downtown – “Downtown Tucson continues to be a hub of activity and redevelopment as 22 new residential projects, which could bring more than 1,500 multi-family housing units, are being built or planned.” http://www.biztucson.com/features/no-slow-downtown/
- Tucson to get major new shopping center – “Bourn Cos. is planning the outdoor center on Irvington Road, west of Interstate 19, and is in negotiations with several retailers, restaurants and hotel chains.The 58-acre site will be developed in phases, with about 220,000 square feet of shopping space to come online by fall of 2017, said developer Alan Tanner of Bourn.” http://tucson.com/business/local/tucson-to-get-major-new-shopping-center/article_443e30df-c27e-5433-b485-9e8989ada9e6.html
- Development group plans on revitalizing Tucson’s south side “…There’s high demand in the area with “Hispanic millennials are one of the fastest growing markets.” The Common Group believes that the south side could be booming in the coming years.” http://www.kvoa.com/story/32704949/development-group-plans-on-revitalizing-tucsons-south-side
More About Chili: Looking for a day trip out of Tucson or possibly an overnight for Labor Day Weekend? Visit the CASI chili cook off at Pancho Villa State Park in Columbus, NM, just across the border from Palomas, MX. The date is September 3, and my partner will once again be cooking! This cook off benefits the Friends of Pancho Villa State Park.
If you can’t make it, maybe you can try the First Ever Last Chance Chili Cook-off in Benson, AZ at the Mescal Bar and Grill on September 24. It’s bound to be fun! This cook off benefits Rocky Point Animal Rescue.
Word of the Month: Disclosure – One of the most important facets of a real estate transaction for purchase of a residence is Disclosure. The seller of a property is required by law to disclose all material facts related to the property he/she is selling. That means that the crack in the concrete covered by an area rug needs to be disclosed. It means that holes in a wall covered by a large piece of furniture needs to be disclosed. Consequences for not disclosing can be serious and cause a deal to fall through. Real Estate agents are also required by law to disclose material facts that come to their attention, whether the seller disclosed it or not.
Holiday Fun: Join the the Tucson Desert Harmony Chorus and share the joy of singing during the Holiday season. Rehearsals start September 6 from 6 – 8 p.m. No audition required. If you love to sing four-part harmony with other women, join up at the Jewish Community Center, 3800 E River Rd. Learn more on the web site or call 520-790-1813.
- September 3 @ 5:00 pm – October 29 @ 8:00 pm -Southern Arizona Arts and Cultural Alliance and Tucson Premium Outlets present a series of free, family-friendly concerts. Enjoy the sounds of some of Southern Arizona’s finest local musicians at Tucson Premium Outlets. The signature free concert series, held every Saturday evening, will feature a variety of weekly performances from local musicians and bands. http://www.emol.org/calendar/event/saturdays-tucson-premium-outlets/
- Sunday, September 11, 2016 Tucson Museum of Art and Historic Block is pleased to announce the launch of Second SundAZe @ TMA presented by The Stonewall Foundation. Beginning September 11, residents of Arizona and Sonora, Mexico will receive free admission to the Museum on the second Sunday of each month.
- Saturday, September 17 Arizona Zipline Adventures present the“Peppersauce Roundup”, Arizona Zipline Adventures includes the Mt. Lemmon Grinder bike race (40-50 miles), 10 mile run on the AZ Trail, and 5K, Bluegrass & County Music Festival, Kids Zone for play, 2 Beer Gardens, vendors, ziplining, food, camping available. http://www.ziparizona.com/peppersauce-roundup.html