This month is a month full of images of Love. From the phrase at the top of this post, to the care of a woman’s heart health, to the romantic aspects of Valentine’s Day, to the quotes of U.S Presidents and revered leaders, we give tribute to something we know deeply inside ourselves. We “cross our heart and hope to die” to say the truth, and we meditate at the hearth of our inner fire. Where we live, both inside ourselves, and within our community, our homes are truly where our hearts are.
- Housing inventory is down both in Tucson and nationwide. In the Tucson main market the inventory is at 2.5 months, which means if no other homes come on the market, all the housing stock will be gone in 2.5 months.
If you have been considering selling your home, but you’ve been unsure, NOW IS a good time to sell. There are buyers out there, waiting for your home. It is currently a seller’s market for price points below 450K with most homes selling for near 100% listing price, or more.
For buyers who qualify, the lending rates are quite good, generally between 3 and 5 percent.
- If you are a homeowner wanting to rent short-term, such as with Airbnb, any concerns about collecting sales taxes have been taken care of by the Arizona legislature. Now the rental companies will be collecting the sales taxes. There also is no limit to the number of properties a person can own and rent out as a vacation property. For owners who want to rent to the annual influx of snowbirds, that is good news.
- The Arizona Association of Realtors has published a revised Residential Resale Real Estate Purchase Contract, effective February 1, 2017, along with ancillary documents pertinent to the Purchase Contract. One of the major changes to the Purchase Contract is the removal of Warranty Items. Now all residential properties will be sold “As Is”, which is in line with most of the other states in the U. S.
Word of the Month
Landscaping: The appearance of the plantings and upkeep of the yard areas around a house are important when considering whether to buy a property. How much work will the new property owner have in order to enjoy the environment? In many neighborhoods, these days Home Owner Associations (HOAs) require a fee to manage common areas, and they have rules about how a homeowner keeps appearances, in addition to the kinds of plants that are allowed. Keep this in mind when you consider the property you buy.
Things to Do
February is national Go Red for Women month, to raise awareness for heart health for women. National Wear Red Day was February 3rd this year. On February 9 WATCH the live Facebook presentation of Macy’s Red Dress Collection in support of women’s heart health through the American Heart Association (#RedDressCollection).
- The Tucson Gem Show continues through February 12. If you haven’t found your treasures yet, you have only a few more days!
- Commemorative Air Force AirPower History Tour – February 23 – 26 at Executive Terminal, 7081 S. Plumer Avenue in Tucson. Open 9 am to 5 pm daily. Find more information at AirPowerTour.org/
- And don’t forget about the annual Tucson Rodeo, “La Fiesta de Las Vaqueros” that runs from February 18 – 26. The historic Tucson Rodeo Parade is scheduled fro February 23 at 9:00 a.m.