Today is the Spring Equinox. What more fitting way to celebrate than to enjoy this Amaryllis that finished blooming today? The bulb was a Christmas gift, and I’m drinking in the color!!!
This month I’m focusing on Trends in Southside Tucson. This area of Tucson is showing much economic growth. To see homes in the area get My Free Mobile App. I also invite you to visit my Real Estate Blog, where I post articles about aspects of Real Estate, including architecture, design, urban and rural planning issues, historic preservation, landscaping, gardening, and more.
- With the expansion of Tucson Marketplace, residents can enjoy the new Century movie theater, restaurants, Starbuck’s, Planet Fitness, Dave and Buster’s, as well as Walmart and Costco. Located between S. Park and S. Kino (Campbell) it is convenient from two areas in Southside.
- According to the February Ward 5 Newsletter, Southside has a total of 7,000 jobs that have been created within the last few years. Tucson Marketplace alone has created approximately 1,100 jobs.
- The Mexican bakery Suspiros added its flavors to Tucson with its grand opening on February 17. Located at 5327 S. 12th Ave it offers gourmet cakes and pies, with wedding and quinceañeras catering coming soon. Check out their website.
- Nearby, in Southwest, in the Midvale area, a new Fry’s opened in December 2016. It’s a huge store with everything a customer could want!
- Remodeling of Tucson International Airport began last year and is expected to be completed by the end of 2017. For construction updates visit flytucson.com. And you can find a report of the Tucson Airport Authority’s achievements in the past year here. The influx of passengers to this area will increase the need for more services in Southside.
- For more information about Southside Tucson, see VisitTucson.
Real Estate, Southside Tucson: Each month Long Realty provides a housing report for each section of the city of Tucson, as well as other communities. You can find information about housing trends in your area by going to my website and requesting the Housing Report.
To see homes in the area get My Free Mobile App. I also invite you to visit my Real Estate Blog, where I post articles about aspects of Real Estate, including architecture, design, urban and rural planning issues, historic preservation, landscaping, gardening, and more.
For Southside Tucson, distressed properties dropped from 20% to 13% of all properties, which means that more people are no longer “upside-down” or “underwater” with their loans. Properties for sale are in a “seller’s market” as buyers are many and properties for sale are fewer. The inventory of homes available dropped by 4% from this time in 2016. The market is HOT and sellers are getting 100% or more of their asking price.
Loan rates for real estate in Tucson are ascending, slowly but surely. They vary according to loan type, such as VA, FHA, or Conventional. But 4.3% to 5% are good rates in my book. My first house was bought at 7% a long time ago!
- Happening Now – March 19-24: Escapees Rally at Pima County Fairgrounds -The Escapade RV Rally is a fun, five-day event focused on the RV way of life. The schedule includes an extensive line-up of educational seminars, workshops, panels and discussions on topics relevant to the RV lifestyle.
- Visit the Tucson Botanical Gardens for the continuing exhibit of Frida Kahlo’s life and art, open through May.
- SAHBA Annual Spring Home & Patio Show April 7,2017 – For over 45 years, the Southern Arizona Home Builders Association (SAHBA) has been producing one of the largest home shows in the United States. Featuring more than 300 exhibitors, see what’s new in home improvement trends, remodeling ideas, and gardens.
- Easter Sunday – April 16: Check online for local celebrations and events.