As I write this, it is St. Patrick’s Day. For you and your family, whether or not you have any Irish ancestors, I offer a blessing for your home.
May you be blessed with Warmth in your home, Love in your heart, Peace in your soul, and Joy in your life.”
Today is also the celebration of the completion of the 131-mile path, The Loop, where the entire community of Tucson is invited to walk, ride a bike, run, or otherwise enjoy the sights of Tucson. If you haven’t been on any portion of The Loop yet, check out the website for more information.
This is one of the times of the year when people’s thoughts turn to making changes, often in buying or selling a house. If you have been thinking of making a move, or if you know someone who is, I welcome and appreciate your referrals. CONTACT ME – 520-248-6297.
Real Estate Trends – National and Tucson
- Forbes predicts that in 2018, housing inventory will still be tight; mortgage rates will hover around 4%; the new tax law will affect higher priced homes, and possibly rental costs; inventory will continue to be low; sales will slow, but only a little; and the increase in prices will slow, but not stop.
- In the Tucson main market, February 2018 active inventory was 3,704, a 4% decrease from February 2017. There were 1,187 closings in February 2018, a 7% decrease from February 2017. Year-to-date 2018 there were 2,247 closings, an 8% decrease from year-to-date 2017. Months of Inventory was 3.1, up from 3.0 in February 2017. Median price of sold homes was $205,000 for the month of February 2018, up 9% from February 2017. The Tucson Main Market area had 1,707 new properties under contract in February 2018, up 16% from February 2017.
You can find housing information for your specific area of Tucson, on my website. And did you know you can also sign up for my “In Touch with Real Estate” e-newsletter?
- Spring Equinox – March 20, 2018 – It’s the time when day and night are the same length. From now until the Summer Solstice we will have longer days.
- Tres Pueblos Neighborhood Spring Festival – March 24, 2018, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. Come on out and stop by my table. Plenty of family fun and food!
- Easter – April 1, 2018 – Check your local paper or online for special events.
- Tax Day, April 15, 2018 – If you can, don’t wait until the last minute to file!
The Month of April is Prevent Child Abuse month.
See what Prevent Child Abuse Arizona is doing to protect children. Call the Arizona state hotline to report child abuse – Hotline at 1-888-SOS-CHILD (1-888-767-2445)
Note: Banner photo taken in spring, 2011 at Tumacacori Historic Landmark