Tucson is thriving with growth in jobs, new construction, and things to do. Check out some of the links. And drop me a line if you find something you want to share. Please feel free to share my newsletter with friends and family, and as always, if you know of friends or family who might be wanting to buy or sell a home, referrals are always welcome and appreciated!
News about Tucson
According to the TREND report the “Five Cs” of Arizona’s economy – copper, cotton, cattle, citrus and climate – have been transformed into the “Five Ts” of Tucson – technology, trade, transportation, tourism, and teaching. Tucson has been identified as a top city for millennials, and a UNESCO City of Gastronomy. Employment opportunities are on the rise with new businesses hiring hundreds of employees – Caterpillar, C3, Samsung, and World View. New construction in Downtown and expansion of Banner UMC highlight new growth for Tucson. More jobs means more need for housing.
Residential Real Estate Trends
The Long Realty monthly Housing Report indicates that housing inventory is low which is creating multiple offers from buyers on existing listings. This is resulting in sales at or near asking price. For properties listed in the $100,000-350,000 price points it is currently a seller’s market. For a copy of the Housing Report please email me at SuSwanne@TheRealEstatePage.House.
The Word of the Month is Inventory
In the residential Real Estate industry Inventory is the number of housing units available for purchase. If the housing inventory is stated as 2.5 months that means that with no other listings coming on the market all inventory would be gone in 2.5 months. Low inventory creates demand and causes prices to rise.
Things to Do in November
All Souls Procession – Dia de los Muertos: All Souls Procession weekend is November 5 and 6. View the calendar of events here.
- Veterans Day – November 11, 2016: Attend the 97th annual Veterans Day Parade starting at 11:00 a.m. For more information about the route and where to park go here.
- Tucson Desert Harmony Chorus Show – “Let Freedom Ring – A Military Salute”, honoring Veterans – Saturday, November 12, 2016, 3:00 p.m., St. Andrews Presbyterian Church. Tickets $18. The Tucson Desert Harmony Chorus is a chapter of the Sweet Adelines International Learn more about the chorus here. To listen to them visit YouTube at this link.
- Thanksgiving Day – Thursday, November 24, 2016. Please check local listings for events happening on this National Holiday of gratitude.
- Frida Kahlo Exhibit at Tucson Botanical Garden – Now until May 30, 2106. This exhibit examines Kahlo’s work through the lens of the plants and nature in her paintings and her personal gardens. Tucson Botanical Gardens was selected as the only institution to receive this extraordinary exhibition designed by one of the world’s premier botanical gardens, the New York Botanical Garden. (NYBG)
- Minerals, Mud and Fiber: Explorations of Desert Architecture at MOCA – Tucson’s Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA) celebrates the work of Aranda/Lasch with their exhibition “Minerals, Mud and Fiber: Explorations of Desert Architecture”. The exhibition is organized around three materials from the Sonoran Desert and objects that are made from them: fiber expressed as baskets, adobe mud as a desert building block, and architectural structures drawn from the crystalline organization of minerals. Now until January 29, 2017. For more about the exhibition visit their website.